Experience – Trust – Commitment



Fiance or K1 Visa

Applying for Fiance or K1 Visa

If you are a U.S. citizen, you may bring your foreign fiancé to the United States with the purpose of getting married. In that case, the future spouse will need a K-1 Visa, also known as a Fiancé Visa. Attorney Meimaris will help you file all the paperwork to apply for the visa, as well as answer any questions you may have regarding the complex process.

Fiancé or K1 Visa?

A Fiancé Visa is given to a woman or man in another country who intends to come to the U.S. to marry a U.S. Citizen. The U.S. Citizen is called the sponsor or petitioner; the fiancé is called the beneficiary. Among other things, the most important requirements to qualify for a Fiancé Visa are that the sponsor must have met the fiance in person within the past 2 years and must be able to financially support the fiancé. Also, both parties must be legally able to marry.

Application & Interview

Attorney Meimaris will work with you every step of the way, ensuring you receive personal one-on-one attention and guidance. We will double-check that the process is followed to the letter, so that your fiancé will be able to receive the K-1 Visa as soon as possible.
Your first consultation with a licensed immigration attorney to review your case is free.

The Law Office of Emmanuel V. Meimaris will be in charge of streamlining the application process for your benefit. An experienced attorney will fill out application forms and send them to the U.S. immigration service for processing. You will simply need to answer a few questions and provide certain required documents.

After the application for a Fiancé Visa is approved, the paperwork is forwarded to the U.S. Consulate abroad. Attorney Meimaris will provide detailed instructions of what documents your fiance will be required to bring to the interview. The firm will also coach he or she on how to respond to various questions that will be asked at the interview, as well as prepare all the application forms for your fiance to submit.

to Get a Fiancé Visa?

This depends. First, the U.S. citizen files an application with the U.S. immigration service. After it is reviewed and approved, it is forwarded to the U.S. Consulate abroad for additional review. Then, your fiancé will be notified to undergo a medical exam and go to the U.S. Consulate for an interview. He or she will also have to bring certain documents to the interview.

As long as the paperwork is in order and he or she answers the questions properly, your fiancé will receive the K-1 Visa, which will be available for 6 months. He or she can schedule the trip to the United States for anytime within that period. However, once your fiancé enters the U.S., you only have 90 days to get married. After marriage, it is possible to apply for the Green Card to get legal permanent resident status.

Eager to learn more? The Law Office of Emmanuel V. Meimaris offers competitive rates and a flexible appointment schedule.
Schedule a free consultation! CALL: (781) 636-3636 today.